We also have a number of on-line services available through this website, including:
Monday to Friday, during office hours
The lines are very busy. If you are having difficulty getting through, please send us an email, including details of your enquiry, and your contact number in case we need to phone you back. We will respond to your email as soon as we can, but we cannot guarantee a same day response.
Tel: 0161 234 5005 and choose the relevant option for:
- Registering a death - option 1
- Registering a still birth - option 1
- Registering a birth - option 2
- Marriage - option 3
- Civil Partnership - option 3
- Naming Ceremony - option 3
- Renewal of Vows Ceremony - option 3
- Copy certificates - option 4
- Citizenship Ceremonies- option 5
- Nationality Checking Service - option 5
- Settlement Checking Service - option 5
- European Passport Return Service - option 5
Saturday (between 9am and 3pm)
If you need to contact us urgently on a Saturday between the hours of 9am and 3pm, regarding a burial within 24 hours or a ceremony due to take place imminently, you should ring 07904 417 282 and leave a message. A member of staff will ring you back as soon as possible. We can only respond to urgent enquiries. All non-urgent enquiries should be made during our normal Monday to Friday office hours.
Out of Office Hours / Help in an emergency
- a burial required within 24 hours
- an urgent issue about a ceremony due to take place imminently
- an urgent marriage or civil partnership
The Register Office
47 Lloyd Street
0161 274 7112
How to find us
Manchester Registration Service is located in Heron House, which is on the corner of Albert Square and Lloyd Street, opposite Manchester Town Hall. There are a number of entrances to Heron House. The entrance for the Register Office is on Lloyd Street.
Parking near the Register Office can be very difficult. If possible, use other transport (for information on train, bus and Metrolink services visit the Transport for Greater Manchester website or contact the Traveline - 0871 200 2233 (7am to 8pm, Monday to Friday, and 8am to 8pm at weekends and bank holidays).
View Untitled in a larger map