Online services this weekend

There may be some disruption to our online benefits systems this weekend. Please keep trying. Sorry for any inconvenience.

×

Council tax Money off council tax for students and people who live with students

Part-time students

Unlike full-time students, part-time students have to pay Council Tax.

There is a 25% reduction on the bill if one part-time student is sharing with one full-time student. The part-time student is then responsible for the remaining 75% of the bill.

Whether a part-time student is responsible for 75% or 100% of the bill, they may be able to get Council Tax Support to help pay it. It depends on their circumstances.

More about students and council tax

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?