Model Conditions - Smoking and other external areas, and Litter and Cleansing
Smoking and other external areas
When copying the content on this page into your own document you'll need to insert certain details that are relevant for your licence. Where these are required the need for specific information is marked in brackets and leads with the word 'Insert' eg: [Insert: specific days and times]
- Customers permitted to temporarily leave and then re-enter the premises to smoke must be restricted to a designated smoking area defined as [Insert either: specify location / mark on plan]. No more than [Insert: number] of customers will be permitted to remain in the designated smoking area at any one time.
- Clear and legible notices must be prominently displayed at any area used for smoking requesting customers to respect the needs of local residents and use the area quietly.
- No more than [Insert: number] customers will be permitted to enter or remain in [Insert: define outdoor area(s)] of the premises at any one time, between the hours of [specify].
Litter and cleansing
- At [Insert: specify times] [Insert: specify areas] outside the premises, including [Insert: specify areas] must be swept and/or washed, and litter and sweepings collected and stored [Insert: specify storage and collection].
- All takeaway packaging and wrappers shall clearly identify the premises, ie. by way of company logo or name.
- Where the premises provide late night refreshments for consumption off the premises sufficient waste bins must be provided at or near the exits, to enable the disposal of waste.
- Empty bottles which have been collected must be placed into locked bins when deposited outside.
- All waste shall be properly presented and placed out for collection no earlier than 30 minutes before the scheduled collection times.
- Between the hours of [Insert: specify hours] no waste/glass bottles will be moved or deposited outside.