Model Conditions - Preventing Illegal Drug Use and Preventing Underage Sales
Preventing illegal drug use
When copying the content on this page into your own document you'll need to insert certain details that are relevant for your licence. Where these are required the need for specific information is marked in brackets and leads with the word 'Insert' eg: [Insert: specific days and times]
- There shall be a lockable ‘drugs box’ at the premises to which no member of staff, except the DPS and/or [Insert: designated role-holder at business], shall have access. All controlled drugs (or items suspected to be, or containing controlled drugs) found at the premises must be placed in this box as soon as practicable. Whenever this box is emptied, all its contents must be given to Greater Manchester Police for appropriate disposal.
Preventing underage sales
- The Challenge [Insert: either 21 or 25] scheme must be operated to ensure that any person who appears to be under the age of [Insert: either 21 or 25] shall provide documented proof that he/she is over 18 years of age. Proof of age shall only comprise a passport, photo card driving licence, an EU/EEA national ID card or similar document, an HM Forces warrant card, a card bearing the PASS hologram, or any electronic or biometric age verification technology approved by the licensing authority.
- The premises shall display prominent signage indicating [Insert either: at any point of sale, at the entrance to the premises, or in all areas where alcohol is located] that the Challenge [Insert: either 21 or 25] scheme is in operation.
- The premises shall display prominent signage indicating [Insert either: at any point of sale, at the entrance to the premises, or in all areas where alcohol is located] that it is an offence to buy or attempt to buy alcohol for a person who is under 18 and for a person under the age of 18 to buy or attempt to buy alcohol.
- A refusals record must be kept at the premises which details all refusals to sell alcohol. This record must include the date and time of the incident, the name of the staff member who refused the sale, and the reason the sale was refused. All entries must be made within 24 hours of the refusal. The record must be made available for inspection and copying within [Insert: specify days / hours or a reasonable time] of a request by an officer of a Responsible Authority.